Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

My bathroom lights and fans wont come on and rest of the house is fine. Checked breaker pa

My bathroom lights and fans wont come on and rest of the house is fine. Checked breaker panel and GFI and they were fine. Any suggestions?
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Do you have a 2 wire voltage tester?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

To determine what the problem is caused by, we need to test the receptacles in the fan for hot and neutral. Pick up a tester at any home center and we can continue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I understand you need more info, but wasn't expecting to have certain tools myself to check things. I would think you would at least give me some general idea(s) of what is wrong.

OK,if you only require general info, I be glad to give you that. You more than likely have a bad connection in the fan, at the switch box or in the circuit powering the fan.. The tester enables you to find out where that is