Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I have 2 GFCI "protected" (no reset buttons on them) outlets

I have 2 GFCI "protected" (no reset buttons on them) outlets in the kitchen that are not working. None of the breakers in the box are tripped. The only 2 GFCI outlets with reset buttons I have are in the garage & neither of them are tripped. So I don't know what else to try. Any ideas?

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. If you are sure there are no other GFCI devices, you need to check the connection in the 2 mentioned. You may have lost a connection on the Load connections. Another possibility is that an other outlet protected from the same GFCI has a bad connection causing the failure of the 2 that are dead. Below is a procedure to locate that outlet without opening boxes.

Attachment: 2013-09-23_021031_wiggle_procedure.docx

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure what you mean by :check the connections" but both of the GFCI outlets in the garage that have reset buttons on them are working fine. I plugged an item into each of them & power is getting to the item.

That only means that they are working but if there is a bad connection on the wires leaving and going to the next outlet, they wouldm't show that.