Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector
71008832

Quite suddenly the outlets in both of my bathrooms (theyre

Quite suddenly the outlets in both of my bathrooms (they're back to back) and one in my garage on the other side of my house went out. I checked the box and everything seems fine, no switches flipped. What might that be and can I fix it or does it need an electrician?

Hello.....my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!

1) Very possible that you have a GFCI receptacle located in one of the bathrooms or garage or exterior of the house or basement that has tripped. See if you can locate a GFCI receptacle such as the type shown in the picture below:

graphic

2) If you can locate a GFCI receptacle such as the pic above, it will have a Test and a Reset button on it. Depress the reset button and see if the bathrooms/garage receptacles now work.

3) If you are unable to locate any GFCI receptacles within the house, check your main electrical panel and any sub-panels and see if you have a GFCI circuit breaker installed. A GFCI circuit breaker will also have a Test and a Reset button on it. Depress the Reset button and check if the bathroom/garage receptacle is back in working condition.

4) Let me know what you find.

Hope this helps.........If you have any additional questions, let me know and I'll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don't forget to rate me before you log Off.

The next time you have an electrical question, you can also request for me at: http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-your-electrician
..........Thanks..............Kevin!

Hi Kathy.............Thank you for the positive service rating............much appreciated!

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Take care and have a great weekend.................Thanks...............Kevin!