Rick
Rick, Master Electrician
Experience:  10 yrs as a electrician. Have my own company.
69082490

Im installing a Neuvo Spudtnik chandelier. It has 3 silver

I'm installing a Neuvo Spudtnik chandelier. It has 3 silver (assumed to be aluminum) wires in plastic insulation marked "N" (assumed to be Neutral) "L" (live)and one with the ground symbol. Reason I'm confused is that inside the fixture canopy there is also a bare copper wire. Since it already has the aluminum ground wire, I'm not sure what to due with the copper wire. The junction box also has a copper wire that is already attached to a screw on the same junction box.

Can someone let me know where to put the grounds, as I'm fine with hooking up the N and L wires.

Many thanks
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Rick :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to answer any of your electrical questions.

Rick :

You want to connect them all together.

Customer:

what do I connect the aluminum ground to?

Rick :

All the grounds go together.

Rick :

Use a wire nut to put them together.

Customer:

Ok. So non of them connect to the ground nut on the fixture?

Customer:

yes, in addition to the ground wires, there's a green nut on the fixture bracket, which I presume is to be used for something

Rick :

I see what you are saying. Yes you can connect it to the ground nut as well. They will all be bonded together. The screws from the metal bracket connect it to the box. Go ahead and connect it to the bracket. They are all inter connected.

Customer:

now your really confusing me. Is it a case of either or? Basically I can use a the wire nut and connect them all (assume you mean one of those plastic caps) OR simply connect them each to the green nut on the bracket?

Customer:

When I say green nut I actually mean a metal screw with a "Nut" head. Not sure what the name of that type of screw is

Customer:

or maybe its a green bolt head. I trust you get what I'm saying

Rick :

Only one wire to the bracket, green screw. The other to the ground wire in the box.

Customer:

Ok. This is gonna be my plan. Please confirm its satisfactory.

Customer:

Attach the wire in the box to the aluminum wire on the fixture with the wire nut

Customer:

then attach the copper wire on the fixture to the green screw nut on the fixture

Customer:

that ok?

Rick :

That's fine

Customer:

Thanks Rick

Rick :

No problem. Have a great night

Rick :

Please rate. Thank you for your time

Rick, Master Electrician
Experience: 10 yrs as a electrician. Have my own company.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.
Just wanted to say thank you for the excellent rating. It is greatly appreciated. If you have any more electrical questions, please let me know. Here is my profile page. Thanks again. The bonus is greatly appreciated.

http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-electricianforhire/