Rick, Master Electrician
Experience:  10 yrs as a electrician. Have my own company.

I am trying to install a ceiling fan with light kit. Coming

I am trying to install a ceiling fan with light kit. Coming out of the ceiling is a black, white, bare copper wire and a red one. The fan has a black, white, green and a black/white striped one. There are 2 separate switches on the wall. Does the red one and black/white striped one get connected together or will I need to call the fire department?

Rick :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to answer any of your electrical questions.

Rick :

The white and black striped one will connect to the red as you thought. That is for your light. No need to call the fire department. Is that all you needed?

It's a new house and if I burned it down my wife would be a little grumpy. Thanks for information now I can sleep tonight!

Rick :

No problem. Please rate. Thank you for your time

Hi Stan, just wanted to say thank you for the excellent rating. It is greatly appreciated. If you have any more electrical questions, please let me know. Here is my profile page. Thanks again. The bonus is greatly appreciated.