AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-40 Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

I have installed the minka wc212 wall mount control. When

I have installed the minka wc212 wall mount control. When I turn it on, it only goes to full light and fan speed. The other controls do not respond. What do I need to do to fix this..thanks
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

Some more detail is needed, thanks.

Did the fan originally come with this wall control?

Replacement for one?

What wires do you have in the wall box that the control is connected?

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tommy,

I have tried using the orginal wall mount that came with the F510 Spacesaver as well as the WC212 wall mount with the same results.. Each both only go to the highest speed.

Black/white wire to AC power and black wire to fans.

Thanks.

Bob

Ok, thanks.

I may be misunderstanding what you posted.

The fan originally came with a 3 wire wall control. Which the black/white connected to power and then black to the fan, the blue to the light off the wall control.

The WC-212 is supposed to be used only on fans that originally came with one and is not designed as a stand alone add on for fans.
It is a 2 wire control as opposed to the original 3 wire wall control.

Not sure how the original wall control was wired, but should work if you have 3 wires for the connections.

You also mentioned "fans" in the last post? Not sure why the plural?

Manufacturers like to make it difficult on so many of these fans, limiting which wall controls work with the different fans and not universal.

Thanks

AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience: Contractor-40 Years in the ElectricalTrade
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I purchased and installed the F510-ORB Minka Aire Space Saver. It came as a 3 wire (Blue/Black/White) and I currently only have 2 wires. I connected the Black (to AC) /White (to Neutral) wires at the Fan and the Black (to Fan) and Black/White (to AC) wires at the switch knowing I would not be able to use the light. The switch has four speeds but only high will turn on.

The Minka site offered the WC212 switch as an alternative the two wire limitation. I combined the blue and black wire to the AC wire at the fan and and the Black (to Fan) and Black/White (to AC) wires at the switch That also uses the high speed and cannot be controlled other than on and off.

Ok.

First on the WC-212,it is a 2 wire but only on specific fans that came with it in the box with the fan, it is not designed for your fan since the fan did not come with one.
It can only replace existing WC-212 units or used in conjunction with an RC-212.

The original wall control that came with the fan:
Connect the power to the black/white wire on the control, then connect the wire going to the fan on the black wire on the control.
Cap the blue wire off on the wall control, it is unused since you do not have enough wires to operate the light.

At the fan ceiling box, the fan white connects to the ceiling white.
The fan black connects to the wire that goes to the switch in the previous switch wiring.
The blue is not used on the fan.

I was unsure of the exact wiring on your posting, so wanted to post this to insure the original was wired properly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the help.