Alex
Alex, Master Electrician
Experience:  Owner of independent electrical contracting company. Licensed Electrical Contractor in CT.
33304076

I have a ceiling fan in two separate rooms. Each with their

I have a ceiling fan in two separate rooms. Each with their own remote. However, whatever setting I do to one fan, affects the other fan. Each remote appears to run both fans. I can't set them individually. ??? Do the remotes need to be adjusted somehow? The fans are not wired to each other. At least I don't think they are.

Thanks for any assistance.
Hello and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help you.

Did you change settings ( deep switches ) at the receiver as well?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Alex. Wow, you're quick. Laughing

You are talking to a novice. One fan was in the home when purchased. I had the second fan installed after. I never realized this was happening until I had guests over.

So...how do I change settings? I guess you mean the receiver is the fan itself? Is that where the "deep switches" are?

Here is the thing.

On the remote in the battery compartment there should be small switches. Same switches should be located on the receiver of the fan. Receiver most of the time is located under the canopy of the fan . Canopy is the part that is jar type of cover which is mounted flush to the ceiling.

Once you locate both switches you just need to set them same way on both ( remote and receiver ). The other fan remote and receiver switches need to be set similar to each other but different from other fan.

Let me know if you have more questions.