How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steve G. Your Own Question
Steve G.
Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Category: Electrical
Satisfied Customers: 17978
Experience:  Spent 20 years as an Electrical Engineer, designing electrical plans and specifications.
Type Your Electrical Question Here...
Steve G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have three transformers that change US current to French

This answer was rated:

I have three transformers that change US current to French current. Is there any way I can find out if they are still working while in the US? The only testing equipment I have is a Trplet 2202 EL meter
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..French wall voltage is between 220V and 240V AC so set your meter to measure AC Voltage.

Plug each transformer into the wall and then measure the resulting voltage coming from the transformer.

If it is between 220 and 240V then the transformer is good.

Let me know if you need further help with this. I will be here.

Steve G. and other Electrical Specialists are ready to help you

Related Electrical Questions