electrifier
electrifier, Master Electrician
Experience:  Electrical contractor and electrical inspector for over 24 years with phone and networking expertise
13036330

My daughter is buying a townhouse. The home inspector said

My daughter is buying a townhouse. The home inspector said that the electrical panel should be replaced because it was put in back in 1981 and is a push matic panel. What is your opinion as to what I should purchase? We are going to ask the homeowner to reduce the price of the house based on this and a new furnace. Thank you.

electrifier :

Push o matic is out of business because the panels were bad. I would replace the panel with a Square D Homeline panel. This gives you the highest quality panel and breakers on the market today. If it is a 100 amp panel I would ask for a $1000 reduction for the electrical. If it is 200 amps I would ask for a $1500 reduction for this electrical issue. This will more than cover the cost of having the service upgraded with a new panel.

Customer:

Thank you!