Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Spent 20 years as an Electrical Engineer, designing electrical plans and specifications.

Where can I obtain a photo cell for a Hampton Bay outdoor lighting

Where can I obtain a photo cell for a Hampton Bay outdoor lighting 300 watt transformer
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Hampton Bay is a Home Depot-owned company. What did they tell you when you called?

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Product no longer available

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When do you expect I will receive a response

Maybe the fellow you spoke to was having a bad day because it is clearly shown on HomeDepot's website: >>>CLICK HERE<<<

In stock too, at least where I am :)

Good luck.

I'll be here if you need further help with this issue. Please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is this unit compatible with the Hampton Bay 300 watt outdoor light transformer and control unit, no part # available the photo cell is mounted external to the unit and is replaceable. I have four of these that are not operative after an electrical storm and lightning strike, that tripped their GFCI receptacle? Thanks you have been a great help.

The photocell switches 120V AC voltage. The cell will work with your transformers. Some reviews say that this one despite having the same part number has a slightly wider diameter and slight modification is required. Others do not mention it.