Mike, Master Electrician
Experience:  Licensed Master Electrician - OnQ Certified Data Voice Audio Video Installer

i am in need of the wiring diagram for the Hampton Bay light

Customer Question

i am in need of the wiring diagram for the Hampton Bay light kit that uses model L1983 that utilizes two circular florescent tubes. I have recently changed the transformer and am now installing the tubes. Can you provide some guidance about the wiring of the new tubes to both the transformer (2 red wires) and the tubes themselves.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 10 months ago.
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

If you have changed the Ballast (transformer) on the light, then the Make and Model of the ballast is needed to determine proper wiring for the sockets.

Please post the Make and Model of the ballast and we can work from that point forward

Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The ballast is manufactured by Electrinic Components,Miami Fl
It's input is AC 120 0.1A
Output. AC 600V 10ma
One black and one white wire on one end and two red wires other end
Keitj
Thanks for the information.

The Model number is XXXXX in order to find the proper wiring diagram, as there are so many on the market and all do not wire the same.

Possibly the Lamp number may assist to find the correct ballast model.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The ballast shows a Cat No N- 11010
Thanks.

Unfortunately there are dead ends on all fronts, cannot find any information in any database for the Transformer or the light kit.

With 2 wires on the output, I would suspect that it should match the old one as there are not many options with only 2 wires.

But at this point, I cannot find anything on what you have, so I will have to opt out of the question and put it back on the board for other experts.

I do not like guessing or trial and error on the fixtures or fans personally.

So, depending on the experts on line, it may take some time but you will receive a notice when someone posts to you.

Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

It's a Type 2 indoor Neon Power Supply made by Electronic Components, Miami Fl
The input is AC 120 60 HZ 0.1a
Output AC 600 V 10MA to power 3 feet of tube.
The ballast has one white and one black wired that I believe are its power supply and two red wires from the opposite end that I believe powers the tubes
This light involves 2 circular tubes that parallel one another

Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 10 months ago.

I’m Michelle, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Michelle-Moderator
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks
You can close my question.

Will my deposit be refunded?!

Keith