Alex, Master Electrician
Experience:  Owner of independent electrical contracting company. Licensed Electrical Contractor in CT.

what kind of options are available for hiding junction boxes

Customer Question

what kind of options are available for hiding junction boxes in my kitchen ceiling? I am installing recessed lighting and there is a junction box right next to where I need to install a lamp.
is this pretty common?
the j-box has quite a few wires in it.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Alex replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. My name is Alex and I'm here to help you.

I'm sorry but the j-box has to be accessible and can not be buried. Your options are to install the blank plate over it or you could install the carbon detector ( not smoke ) since its in the kitchen.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks much, the CO1 detectors are a good idea
Expert:  Alex replied 3 years ago.
You are welcome .

please consider rating my answer when satisfied as its the only way I get paid my share of your payment.

You can bookmark my profile for your future electrical question. That way you can find me easy.