Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

Mike, our ceiling is four wire (black, white, red, and green),

Mike, our ceiling is four wire (black, white, red, and green), but our new fans have the internal controls (ie. dimming, speed, on-off). Do we simply cap the red wire? The room has two switches which operated the old fan light (red wire). Is it safe to simply cap and tape the red wire?
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Your assumption is correct. Just cap it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
And the wall switches? What do you recommend since they are no longer in use. Do we simply leave them or is it easy to disconnect the switch, then simply put a face plate cover.
Leave the black wire switch connected for an override to the remote control. And the other not having a connection will be fine left as is.