Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

Mike, I just removed an old fan that was connected to a wall

Mike, I just removed an old fan that was connected to a wall variable speed and variable lite switch. 4 wires coming from the ceiling AC power, 1 Ground, 1 white, 1 red, and 1 black. I'm setting up a new Hampton Bay Fan with Receiver and hand unit (that I don't think I need at all, since I have the wall mounted variable speed and variable lite switch.) 3 wires to the fan, white, blue, and black, and a ground wire attached to the poll. So, which goes to which color?
uHi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Check the colors on the wall devices. The black should be on the fan control and the red on the light dimmer. If correct, connect the black to the fan black and the red to the fan blue wire. the white from the fan connects to the white.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My gut was telling me that was the way to do it. And I appreciate your confirming it.
Glad to help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This might have shown up 2x, not quite sure how this thing works.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

My gut said that was the answer, and I needed some confirmation from an expert. Thank you for your help.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I went ahead and completed the install prior to testing. That is what took so long, along with grilling some steaks. Had to put the blades on and the drop down light. I had pulled the switch from the wall and it was lined up exactly as you said it would and it worked perfectly. Again, thank you

You rated my answer and unless you need further assistance, it is completed. You may have received a message asking your opinion of our site. Your opinion is appreciated.