Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I have a 20quart mixer, that I was tightening the lift arm

Customer Question

I have a 20quart mixer, that I was tightening the lift arm on, in doing so when I had the back of it open, I think I accidentally moved the dial on a timer that was in the electrical part that has 110vac on it and a dial with numbers from 5 to 30 seconds. How many seconds are output in a 110vac? In other words what should I set the dial back to? Because now when I try to start the machine, it tries to run but seems like there is not enough power (or amps) to make it start.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Without knowing exactly what you are trying to describe, I suggest that you increase the setting and rety starting the mixer. If after sereral adjustments up, without correcting the issue, try setting down. If it isn't starting you have nothing to lose by trying .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't mean to be rude, but that answer seems like an obvious 1st step to take. I need to know what setting to put it at for the voltage being used. I don't want to run the risk of damaging my $1200 machine by using a trial and error method.

Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 3 years ago.

I’m Michelle, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't find this service very useful. I will call a local electrician instead. Will that answer still cost me $15? Because I don't think I should have to pay that for the answer I got...