Jason
Jason, Service Technician
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience in all types of installations, troubleshooting, and repairs.

Hello, Ive made all the wire runs with 12/2, although I

I've made all the wire runs with 12/2, although I think I could have used 14/2 in some cases, I just didn't want to chance it as long as I was pulling wire. I'm just requiring some clarification on how to tie it all into each other. Iv'e attached a diagram to hopefully make it easier to explain what I'm trying to do.

I only want the switch to power the light. All the runs shown on the diagram are run into single gang boxes with plenty of wire hanging to tie in accordingly.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Jason replied 11 months ago.

Jason :

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer.

Jason :

I will be happy to assist you today. However, I don't see a diagram.

Customer:

Wiring.jpg" alt="" height="100"/>
Full Size Image

Customer:

There it is. Did I post this in automotive electrical on mistake?

Jason :

No, it's in the right category.

Customer:

ok. I should add, that there is no power at the "existing outlet". Just at the "incoming power" as shown in the diagram.

Jason :

I was just about to ask you about that.

Jason :

Perhaps the best way to go about this is for me to make notes on your diagram. It will take about 20 minutes or so to do that and get it posted. Do you mind standing by? Or will you be checking back shortly?

Customer:

You can do whatever you think would be best. I will be online.

Jason :

Perfect. I'll get started making notes now, and I'll post again momentarily.

Customer:

great!

Customer:

awesome! Those directions should work just fine!

Jason :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to hear that. Is there anything else I can do for you?

Customer:

That should be it. I will get your "excellent" rating coming up now. It closes the chat once I do, so thanks again! XXXXX come across a question regarding this I'll open it back up. Should be fine though.

Jason :

Sounds good. Thank you for the opportunity to help.

Jason, Service Technician
Experience: Over 15 years of experience in all types of installations, troubleshooting, and repairs.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Update: All done. No issues. THANK YOU!