Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience
29848548

Trying to answer a question for my electrician on a job that

Trying to answer a question for my electrician on a job that has apparently never wired up an Ansul system before; he currently has it wired correctly in so much as the lights and electric go off under the hood when activated, but how does a signal get back to the VFD controlling the exhaust fan to ensure that the fan activates in the event of a fire?

**Update** maybe I figured this out on my own, would I run power to the N/C contact on the microswitch and then connect that to the line running from the on side of the on/off switch that is running up to the VFD?

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. In most applications all underhood electrical is from a shunt trip panel except for the fan. Your method of bringing the fan on is acceptble.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Amazing what you can figure out when you actually take the time to sit down and draw it.

Thanks

You're welcome.