Alex, Master Electrician
Experience:  Owner of independent electrical contracting company. Licensed Electrical Contractor in CT.

Hello Alex, I am trying to install my Aube T1033 in a switch

Customer Question

Hello Alex, I am trying to install my Aube T1033 in a switch which as one white wire, one red wire, one black wire and a copper wire. I have another switch that can turn on the lights from that location. How can I connect the wires to operate the timer?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Alex replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. My name is Alex and I'm here to help you.

Please give me 5 min to pull up diagram for that timer.
Expert:  Alex replied 3 years ago.
How many and what color wires are connected to existing switch?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have one each red, black, white and copper. This switch controls a light on my patio and I have two switches that can control the light depending on which door you go out.

Expert:  Alex replied 3 years ago.
Oops. That means you have 3 way system. The timer that you bought is for single pole use only. You will need to get 3 way timer. It will state on the package. Also try to get the timer that does not require neutral. Let me know if you want me to give you couple options of the timers.