Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

Just put a new drop down false ceiling in basement. Had to

Just put a new drop down false ceiling in basement. Had to move some can lights around to fit the new grid. When we turned the lights back on, there was a bare wire exposed and it grounded out to a piece of metal. Blew the bulb and sparks flew. Found the bare wire and repaired it but the lights still will not work. It did not trip the breaker, is there possibly a fuse somewhere in the switch or something? It is a dimmer switch if that makes any difference. For some reason there is no juice getting to the entire string of lights. Not sure where to check next?
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. From your statement, I suggest that you probably destroyed the dimmer. Remove it and put the wires together to see if the lights work.