Steve G., Electrical Engineer
Experience:  Spent 20 years as an Electrical Engineer, designing electrical plans and specifications.
329447

Hello, I am going to hire a band.Do most bands need 220 or

Hello, I am going to hire a band.Do most bands need 220 or can they run their stuff off the normal 110 from the wall?

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..unless the band is coming from a country that has 220V, their equipment is going to run on, and require 110V.

As far as I know, all central american countries are 110V.

I'll be here if you need further help with this issue. Please let me know.

Regards

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that speakers and amplifiers do not require 220. Do you know about this?

Yes, I know a lot about this. You are in Nicaragua. The voltage there is 110V as it is here in the US. I have several friends in bands and none of them have equipment that requires 220V. I myself have several electronic keyboards and amps and none of them require 220V.

Regards

Steve