Rick, Master Electrician
Experience:  10 yrs as a electrician. Have my own company.

Ive installed an Infratech 240 Volt deck heater with two quartz

I've installed an Infratech 240 Volt deck heater with two quartz heating elements on a duplex switch for option of using only one element. Per Infratech duplex wiring specs I used a 3 wire application which requires L1 to go direct to one side of both elements. L2 goes to switch with a separate leg to other side of each element. Before throwing the switch I checked voltage and 120 Volts to ground/240 Volts to L2 was present on both legs to switched side of elements. Is this normal with element install?

Sparky :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to answer any of your electrical questions.

Sparky :

Yes this would be normal for a heating element.

Thanks Sparky

Just wanted to say thank you for the excellent rating. It is greatly appreciated. If you have any more electrical questions, please let me know. Here is my profile page. Thanks again.