Alex
Alex, Master Electrician
Experience:  Owner of independent electrical contracting company. Licensed Electrical Contractor in CT.
33304076

Hello. I have an existing outlet in my wall Id like to move

Hello. I have an existing outlet in my wall I'd like to move up the wall ( higher ) for a wall mount TV install. The existing outlet has 6 wires attached , 2 hot ( Black ) 2 Neutrals
(white) and 2 Grounds ( Bare Copper ). One set in, one set out. My plan is to run a peice of Romex (approximately 4 ft) up the wall to a new cut in 2 outlet gangbox. Am I correct in my thoughts that all I need to do is wire nut the 2 existing Black wires 2 existing White wires and 2 existing Grounds to the 4 ft piece of Romex , then wire one outlet and jump the wired outlet to the second outlet I'm adding ?
Hello and Thank you for posting on www.justanswer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help you.

In the existing outlet splice all black wires including new black wire together and add black pig tail ( short piece of wire) to the splice and cap off the splice with wire nut , do the same for white wires using white pig tail, do the same for bare wires using bare pig tail. The connect the other end of black pig tail to any of the brass screws on the outlet. Connect the white pig tail to the silver screw. Connect the bare wire to the green screw.
In the new outlet box connect black to the brass screw, white to the silver screw, bare to the green screw.

Let me know if you have more questions.