Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

Hi - I am also using this kit and I cannot figure out where

Hi - I am also using this kit and I cannot figure out where to attach the ground screw...?
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Please stand by.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The kit doesn't come with this piece... I screwed it on the c tab in the housing. Will this work?
Yes the housing is grounded.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok so do I still need to use the grounding screw that comes with the new fixture?
Connecting the ground wire to any ground is what is needed. The Can is grounded and that will be the point that needs to be used. Sometimes they provide parts that aren't used in every application.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok I'm moving right along here ... On new fixture can I cut the wires shorter to help ease installation?
Also - re ground wiring can I loop the two together on the fixtures green screw they provided on the circular strap OR do I need to loop those in the screw I mounted on the c clamp earlier. Thx
either way as long as you connect to something grounded. Only one wire under a screw. Connect the other with a wire nut to the one you put under the screw.