Rick, Master Electrician
Experience:  10 yrs as a electrician. Have my own company.

Hi there, Im live in North Carolina Charlotte and I have question:

Hi there, I'm live in North Carolina Charlotte and I have question: I need to lift existing receptacle from the standard high to higher place probably 40'' up because I have cabinet to add and receptacle should be left behind cabinet and I wants you to answer me what is proper way to do this job and to be per code regulation in North Carolina. Receptacle I wants to lift up is probably one in the line because in this receptacle I found two 12/2 G cable with ground.

Sparky :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to answer any of your electrical questions.

Sparky :

What are of the home is this in?

Sparky :

Is this cabinet going to be permanently mounted?

Sparky :

First question is what area of the home? Kitchen?

Thanks for additional question:

-The cabinets I want to instal is in dining room, there are no wather inside the room.The cabinet I want to install will be permanently installed but the cabinet is tree drivers easy to remove from cabinet.

We must be having technical issues as this is the only response I have received from you. "Thanks for additional question:"
Got it just a sec and I will explain what you need to do.
Ok first things first. You need to have access to the outlet. Since the cabinet can be easily removed that is fine. If I understand you correctly, you want to keep the receptacle as well so here is what you will do. You will need a remodel box.I will post a picture for you. Take your remodel box outline it on the wall where you want your outlet. Cut the hole. Once you have your hole cut get your wire from where you want it to the existing box that you will be tapping off of for power. Connect all your black wires together also adding a short 8" piece of wire to those blacks. Put them all in one wire nut. The short piece that you have is called a pig tail. This is the wire that you will be connecting to your existing outlet. Do the same thing with the rest of the wires, this way you have one of each color going to the existing outlet.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
If there is a fire block in the way of you getting your wire down the wall to where you need it you will either need to make a hole in your wall to drill through the fire block, or you will need to buy a flexible drill bit long enough to drill through it. They sell them at home depot. If you do have to end up drilling through it, this will make it difficult to get your wire into the existing box. You may have to buy 2 cut in boxes, because you will need to remove the existing one as well.
If you have further questions and you need further help, just log into your account come to your questions list and reply. I will get an email and will respond as soon as I can. Thank you for the excellent rating. I will be here for you. I hope everything goes smooth. Any questions at all about this situation, just let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want to verify that you fully understand my question:

- the cabinet isn't removable, only three driver boxes are removable from cabinet, not all cabinet and when I remove driver boxes I have good access to receptacle.

-you not mentioned what cable I should use same 12/2 G or may use 14/2 G cable.

-if I'm correct, you want me to put together two of white existing cable and one 8'' white cable for existing and one new white cable for the new receptacle and tight all four white cable with wire nut then do same for black and ground cable.

Yes you are correct. A as long as you have access to the receptacle you are fine. Yes use 12/2. Kerr me know if you have further questions. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, the reason for wire Gauge I ask was because I want to use same new receptacle for to add one or two sconces light fixture with pul switch on it and hard wired with adequate electrical boxes.

No problem
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did you mean yes for my previous question because I want to use same new receptacle for to add one or two sconces light fixture with pul switch on it and hard wired with adequate electrical boxes.

Yes that it's not a problem. Use 12/2
Just wanted to say thank you for the excellent rating. It is greatly appreciated. If you have any more electrical questions, please let me know. Here is my profile page. Thanks again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have one more question: I have one light fixture in master bathroom than I want make two from one existing. If I do same splicing and tapping like I do for receptacle, did I cross some electrical code since is bathroom. Also when I make two additional lights I still need to kip existing one and close with flat cape?

I don't understand what you mean by flat cape, but as far as electrical code adding the lights in the restroom from the existing is fine. However I do not know if there is a title 24 in N Carolina like there is in California that requires any new lighting in restroom to be of the high efficacy type. So, either LED, or fluorescent. If not then it needs to be on a vacancy sensor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, my english is poor, the light is in the master bathroom if may change anything and flat cape is blank wall plate that I want to use to close existing light box since I need to use for splicing and tapping to other two light, one to the left and one to the right side from existing light box. The existing box cable is to short to move left or right and just add a new box, I hope you going to understand what I going to do in my master bathroom.

Yes I understand its in the bathroom. Us any electrical box must have a plate on it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Halo, I have question link to the last project I have tray to finish: I did all job you suggested and I want to know is that any code in North Carolina related to how many cable 2/12G can be in one gang box because I have 4-2/12G and its little tight

You're fine.
I am assuming you are using a 2 gng plastic box? With 32 CU IN volume.