Rick
Rick, Master Electrician
Experience:  10 yrs as a electrician. Have my own company.

i have a rental on our property which had an addition built

i have a rental on our property which had an addition built onto it years ago and since then has became a seperate unit now my quistion is they are on the same electrical panel or share the same service isnt there a way to meter the power so we can give the units a more accurate power bill. now i can put all the circuts that feed one unit into a sub panel and but this is what im looking at i will be here to answer any questions
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Sparky :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X'X here to answer any of your electrical questions.

Sparky :

As of right now there is no sub panel for the unit?

Customer:

ok im also a sparky and i think the have a device that can be used to meter power as to which i could tell how much one unit uses and then could figure out the pg&e bill and dived it so each unit is paying only for the power they use.it has always been a like 60 40 split on the bill

Sparky :

Which device are you looking at?

Customer:

have no idea just one that i can tell whose useing what

Customer:

something inexspinsive but i dont noanything about these kind of devises

Sparky :

Well I have used Emon Dmon sub metering kits before. And now Leviton has some too. Here is the link for Levitons. Click here

Customer:

ok thanks and if have any more questions i will get back to u

Sparky :

Sounds good. Please rate my service. You can always come back to your questions and get in contact with me.

Rick, Master Electrician
Experience: 10 yrs as a electrician. Have my own company.
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.
Make sure you read carefully when you order make sure you read all of the specs to make sure you get the exact match because they have a lot of different options. Voltage, all kinds of other things. Click here for that link. Thanks for the excellent review.