Rick
Rick, Master Electrician
Experience:  10 yrs as a electrician. Have my own company.
69082490

We have purchased a Hunter fan model # XXXXX This fan is a

We have purchased a Hunter fan model # XXXXX This fan is a fan and light combination. There are two wall switches which supply power to the unit. One switch is for the lights the other for the fan. The wires that are in the ceiling coded white, red and black with power on two these wires depending upon which wall switch is activated. As the remote has caused problems I plan to bypass the remote unit and use the wall switch to activte the lights and fan. The question that I have is I'm not sure how to connect the wires from the ceiling to fan/light unit so the wall switch will activate them indendently of each other.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Sparky :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to answer any of your electrical questions.

Sparky :

What color wires do you have coming out of the fan? White black red and blue?

Customer:

I believe that one is green ( gnd) and the other two are white and black.

Customer:

I believe that one is green (gnd) and the other two are black and white.

Sparky :

Let me try and look up the fan, you may not be able to hard wire it because it may have a built in receiver. Let me see what I can find.

Sparky :

Could you give me all of the information on top of the fan? UPC # XXXXX # XXXXX # XXXXX different from what you stated.

Customer:

Sorry Rick, as I am work at the moment i do not have any access to the fan

Sparky :

Actually I think I just found it and I'm looking into it right now

Sparky :

According to what I am reading your receiver is in the canopy of the fan. So you should be able to remove the receiver. Once you have removed it you should have a white wire, a black wire, and a striped black and white wire. The black and white striped wire controls your light. Connect it to the red of the house wiring. Connect the black to the black, and the white to the white. This will take care of it for you. Please rate. If you have further questions you can always come back to your questions list by signing into your account and going to your questions list. When you respond I will get an email and will respond as soon as I can. Or if you have questions now, I will be here for you. Click here and it will take you to your owners manual, just in case you need to look at it. The wiring is on page 11

Sparky :

Let me also go on to give you a bit of information because of the way your canopy connects to the ceiling. This is what I advise. Remove one of the fan blades then take off the screws at the canopy this way you will have complete access without having to hold the weight of the fan. You will have to remove the light kit and the light kit and sometimes the light kit adapter in order to remove the blade. Simple compared to having to hold he weight of the fan.

Customer:

at it. The wiring is on page 11

Sparky :

I'm sorry. I'm not sure if I got all of your message but all I got is "at it. The wiring is on page 11"

Rick, Master Electrician
Experience: 10 yrs as a electrician. Have my own company.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Just wanted to say thank you for the excellent rating. It is greatly appreciated. If you have any more electrical questions, please let me know. Here is my profile page. Thanks again. The bonus is greatly appreciated.

http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-electricianforhire/