Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I have a 45 ,three axle, fifth wheel trailer permently parked.

I have a 45' ,three axle, fifth wheel trailer permently parked. It currently has a 20' 220/240 extension cord w/ plug attached to one end and hard wired to a service panel inside. What I would like to know is what size underground cable should I use if I run it from my main house panel. I plan on using a double 30 breaker on both ends
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. The first thing I suggest is installing the feeder in PVC coduit. It is cheap insurance for not having an underground failure in the future. You could use a 4 conductor #8 aluminum URD cable for 30A 120/240V. You'll need to install a ground rod at the trailer for this installation with a #6 copper conductor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could I just use #6 for the entire run or is #8 URD prefered?

#6 will be OK.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oop's, forgot to mention that it would be about 200' which is why I am leaning towards #6

Big factor. You'll need #6 Copper or a #4 Aluminum for that distance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Should I also switch the breakers from double 30's to a single 60

Having 240V vs 120V keeps both the wire size and PVC smaller and a lees expensive installation.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

I am a handyman and wasn't 100% percent sure. I will do the rough in and then have a licensed electrician come in to inspect. Again, thank you

You're welcome - Good Luck with the job.