Hello.....my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) What is the 3-phase voltage and approximate distance?
480vac 400 ft
1) Calculating the voltage drop using a 200 amp load with 480VAC 3-Phase @ a 400 foot run results in 2/0 Copper with a 2.7% voltage drop or 13 volts
2) Calculating the voltage drop using a 200 amp load with 480VAC 3-Phase @ 400 foot run results in 4/0 Aluminum with a 2.5% voltage drop or 11.8 volts
3) Due to the distance, the use of 4/0 Aluminum will be more cost efficient than using copper conductors.
Hope this helps.........If you have any additional questions, let me know and I'll be glad to answer them for you.
Otherwise, don't forget to rate me before you log Off. The next time you have an electrical question, you can also request for me at: http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-your-electrician ..........Thanks..............Kevin!
so would I need a 3c 2/0 cabal or what do you recommend I want to use copper
1) Nick..... 2/0 copper will work fine, but keep in mind that copper will cost more than aluminum does. I also prefer to use copper as much as I can. Was just trying to provide you with both options.
2) Either one will work as they are both under the recommended 3% maximum voltage drop.
Nick...........thank you for the positive rating as well as the bonus.............much appreciated!
If you have any other questions, just let me know.
Take care and have a great evening...............Thanks..............Kevin!