Electrical Repair Questions? Ask an Electrician for Answers ASAP
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. I suggest mapping the outlets to get a black and white picture of the circuits. See the info below.
I found another way to this which was very easy. I used a worksheet tookall the loads from the equipment. List everything in order and did the calculations. Every work for the report. Phil
Hello.....my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!
1) The previous expert is correct in that documenting all of the home receptacles, lights, switches and appliances by mapping them to all of your branch circuits is always a good item to have for future reference. Often, the directory in the main electrical panel is not accurate or incomplete and the mapping will assist you in the future. Totaling the loads of major electrical appliances is only one step in the process of performing a load analysis. There are many other factors that must be taken into consideration.
2) What is your purpose for performing an electrical load analysis on the home? Are you experiencing overloaded circuits? Are you thinking of a service or panel upgrade? Are you considering adding additional circuits to the existing panel or possibly installing a sub-panel? Or are you looking at ways to possibly analyze your existing electrical usage, thus looking for some cost savings methods?
3) If you are looking at performing a real-time load analysis on your panel, can you provide me with the main breaker amperage (100, 200 amps?)
4) Can you provide me with a breakdown of the quantity of circuit breakers located on the left and right hand sides of the panel along with the breaker amperage? I would also need to know if the breakers are single or double pole. Do you have any tandem or mini breakers installed in the panel? If so, how many and what amperage?
5) Any chance you have a clamp-on amp meter or can possibly borrow one from a neighbor or a friend? I can walk you thru to determine if your panel and or/service is properly balanced.
6) If you need a complete analysis on your electrical distribution system, I can calculate that as well, but I will have many additional questions. Let me know how you would like to proceed and I can assist..........Thanks.............Kevin!