AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

Ive got a fancy office machine -- a Xerox copier/processor/printer

I've got a fancy office machine -- a Xerox copier/processor/printer with internet interface that is 110v and a total of 18-20 amps. I need a surge protector. Where do I start? The outlet this machine needs is a "T" laying on its right side with the round ground plug underneath. (In other words, above the ground on the left is a horizontal and above the ground on the right is a vertical.)

AssuredElectrical :

Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

AssuredElectrical :

Does the plug look like this:

Full Size Image

AssuredElectrical :

I am pretty sure that is what you have since it is 110 volts. That is a 5-20P on the cord. You need a surge protector with a 5-20R for it to plug into. CLICK HERE for one to see what the receptacles look like.

AssuredElectrical :

You can find them at any building supply, electronics stores also. Ask and read the box, look for the 5-20P receptacles. That is a 20 amp and will have the slot on the one side. It will take the different styles, standard 15 amp with 2 straights and the 20 amp with the horizontal on one side.

AssuredElectrical :

Just hit reply if it is different, but there are only a couple options with 110 volts.

Customer:

Thanks. That should do it!