AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-40 Years in the ElectricalTrade

On a commercial construction site, can temporary lighting be

On a commercial construction site, can temporary lighting be done at 208V?
Phase conductors do not exceed 150V to ground.
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 9 months ago.
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

Is the question related to the NEC or to OSHA?

Did someone state they could not be used?
Thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

HI Tommy,

The question is related to the NEC and yes someone is stating that the exception in 590-4C applies

Ok, thanks.

I see no problem as that is the only place for reference to voltage on the lighting.

And it is very definitive in the style of lighting.

Exception: Branch circuits installed for the purposes specified
in 590.3(B) or 590.3(C) shall be permitted to be run as
single insulated conductors
. Where the wiring is installed in
accordance with 590.3(B)
, the voltage to ground shall not
exceed 150 volts,
the wiring shall not be subject to physical
damage, and the conductors shall be supported on insulators
at intervals of not more than 3.0 m (10 ft); or, for festoon
lighting, the conductors shall be so arranged that
excessive strain is not transmitted to the lampholders

590.3 Time Constraints
(B) 90 Days. Temporary electric power and lighting installations
shall be permitted for a period not to exceed 90 days
for holiday decorative lighting and similar purposes.
The 90-day time limit applies only to temporary electrical
installations associated with holiday displays. Construction
and emergency and test temporary wiring installations are
not bound by this time limit

Reading the article
Sounds like you are fine either way.
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience: Contractor-40 Years in the ElectricalTrade