Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I have a Chamberlain Elite Miracle One gate opener and it seems

I have a Chamberlain Elite Miracle One gate opener and it seems to be dead. It is getting power to the connection terminals, but doesn't have the usual lights illuminated. I should note that I had added a keypad a couple of months ago and was looking inside the unit today to be sure nothing was after being jostled by one of the neighborhood kids climbing on it at my son's sixth birthday earlier today (I had not tightened the screws and the cover was resting more than being a cover). I thought I smelled a faint hot electronics smell just before noticing the lights weren't on. Is there a reset the unit or some way to tell what needs to be addressed.

Thanks for whatever help you can offer.

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Check to output voltage of the transformer. Let me know what it is.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The original transformer that was replaced when I put the additional keypad in last month is down to 8.1. I tried an additional transformer I had and measured at 24.3. Neither one illuminated any indicator lights inside the unit.

I don't understa and you statement on the transformers. If the fuses are good, the transformer has the correct output voltage, the board is fried and that would be what you smell.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

To be more specific on the transformers, the transformer that has been in there for a month or so read 8.1. Knowing that was low considering the unit was rated at 24, I tried an older one I had that was also rated at 24. that read 24.3. The current transformer was a replacement for an older one that was providing about 17.

If it is in fact a fried board, does merely replacing it solve the problem or would it make more sense (financially) to replace the entire unit?

Is there anyplace you would recommend online to get such a part?

My rule of thumb is, if the repair exceeds 50% of the replacement. Replace it, because something else may fail due to age or use. I check online for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I like that and appreciate your looking.

I'm on a job using my Droid. I check it out when I'm back at my computer.
Below is a link to Chamberlin Openers and parts.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's a bit vague... is this the part I need to replace and if so, do you consider this a reasonable price/vendor.

You might be better off finding a local vendor for a comparison. Below are 2 more vendors.