Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

My 12 ft round pool is all plastic and the inspector wants

My 12 ft round pool is all plastic and the inspector wants a ground ring. How do I do that?
tHi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Install a #8 solid copper wire 4 inches deep around the pool between 18 & 24 inches. Terminate the wire to the much on the pump motor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So the ring goes underground around the pool. I assume the metal sidewall of the pool has to be attached to this ring?

You said it was plastic. If there are metal uprights you bring the #8 wire onto and attach to 4 of them. Also, any metal objects within 5 ft of the pool need to be bonded to the #8 wire.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All uprights are plastic. The only metal is the actual sidewall of the pool. but it is not in contact with any other metal.

Attach the #8 to the exposed screws that wall is joined with. Put a lug and a nut on one of them.
uOne more thing you should consider. Pools now also require a water ground. This is done with a stainless steel nipple that goes in between the pump and the hose. the #8 is also attached to the nipple. The assembly is available at pool supply outlets.