AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-40 Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

We plugged in a space heater we use routinely for a bed bound patient in my home. That tr

We plugged in a space heater we use routinely for a bed bound patient in my home. That tripped the circuit breaker.
I saw the red "flagged" breaker,
pushed it all the way to the right=off,
then all the way back to the left=on.
The red flag disappeared when I pushed it off but returned when I pushed it on.
And that circuit is not functioning.
I found the GFCI in my kitchen and tested and reset it; that does not affect the problem.
Refrigerator was affected and I got it away from the wall and plugged it into a power saver heavy extension cord, so it is now running but how do I fix the breaker that is showing a red flag when it is "on"?
Can someone call me? XXX-XXX-XXXX or
answer here on my computer.
Thanks so much
Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

With the red flag, the breaker is not resetting but tripping back out when you turn it to the on position.

Please find all receptacles and lights on that breaker which they are all off now.
Use a lamp on the receptalces to determine what is off and the switches to test all lights.

Once you know everything off on that breaker, please post the information and reply.
We will start there and move forward, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Am involved in caring for my patient at the moment but will try to find and test all outlets on this circuit as soon as possible.
jude
Ok, thanks.
It will allow us to get a better idea of what may be happening.

At the time you check everything, go ahead and UNPLUG anything you find on the dead receptacles, and also, turn OFF all switches on any lights that do not work.

At that point try the breaker once more.

Turn it OFF until you hear a CLICK, then quickly push to the ON position again.

Lets see what happens after.

Will await the posting, understand you are busy at the moment.
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience: Contractor-40 Years in the ElectricalTrade
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow- Good job Tommy.
We think a large surge protector may have neen the culprit and it's in the trash.
Yes I am 100% satisfied and will ask for you if I ever need help again.

Thanks, Jude

PS Our dear local electrician friend had shoulder surgery on Monday. Please join us in praying for God's complete healing.
Good work, glad you found the issue and all is well.

Do hope your friend gets well soon.

Take care and thanks