AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-40 Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

I have an electrician here that is trying to wire two FV-08VKS3

I have an electrician here that is trying to wire two FV-08VKS3 fans in my greenhouse. They both run fine at the continuous speed but do not want to run at the timed higher speed. He has set it up with two wall switches--one is on off[works fine] and the other is to turn it on to he higher time speed[does not work]. Any suggestions? Gregg

Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

AssuredElectrical :

Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

AssuredElectrical :

Hi Gregg, how is the High speed switch wired to the Fan itself?

Customer:

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. My electrician is getting a part at the moment and when he returns I will have him respond to you. In the meantime, If you Google fv-08vks3, it will bring you to Panasonic's site and it has a wiring diagram there in the manual. My electrician feels he has followed the diagram but something is not right.

AssuredElectrical :

Ok,

AssuredElectrical :

Yes, I have th emanual and see the wiring

AssuredElectrical :

It shows the fan wiring on the high speed to connect to the 2 red wires in the junction box only

AssuredElectrical :

The sell a Momentary switch just for this situation, which closes the contact and then immediately opens back up

AssuredElectrical :

The fan is supposed to switch to high speed and time out

Customer:

Now you are over my head so when he returns, I will have him hop on this chat.

AssuredElectrical :

Ok, just have him verify how the high speed switch is connected to the junction box in the fan'

AssuredElectrical :

wire to wire colors and how the switch is wired to them

Customer:

I will so standby please.

AssuredElectrical :

ok, thanks. The system will ping me when you post. So give me around 30 seconds to to respond

Customer:

ok

AssuredElectrical :

thanks

AssuredElectrical :

hasnt returned as yet? Thought would check.

Customer:

he's back but he wants to try something else s I'm giving him his space

Customer:

you electricians can be a touchy bunch

AssuredElectrical :

ok, just from the manual, the 2 red wires connect to the switch, thats it to turn on the high speed.

AssuredElectrical :

Some may be, sometimes they can be finicky

AssuredElectrical :

seen them all in the last 38 years,lol

Customer:

so you get it

AssuredElectrical :

sometimes the pride can get in the way, learned that 30 years ago,lol

Customer:

he just told me he is good to go and that it will work. If you could just be on standby for a test drive in a bit, that would be great. if you can't, I understand.

AssuredElectrical :

I am here, just post

Customer:

thanks

AssuredElectrical :

no problem

AssuredElectrical :

Something you may want in the future. The link below is to a special switch for the fan. If you keep the switch in the ON position it will run at high speed forever. The switch below is a momentary switch, so you push it once and it triggers the high speed, then it times out and stops high speed. If you have a standard switch on the unit, as long as the switch is ON, it stays on high, this special switch eliminates that issue.

Customer:

He just finished and it all works, thanks for your patience and I'll give you a good review.

AssuredElectrical :

Ok, great. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX appreciated.

Customer:

He did put the switch you spoke of on. On for on off and one for high speed only

AssuredElectrical :

Excellent

AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience: Contractor-40 Years in the ElectricalTrade
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.