AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-40 Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

How do you wire a water well pump and pressure switch .

Category: Electrical
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

Several items of information needed.
1. What is the pump voltage and amperage?
2. What size breaker on the power to the pressure switch?
3. What wires do you have from the pump and what wires from your power?
4. How many terminals in the pressure switch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you sugest for pump ,breaker,wire....?
Need the horsepower,voltage and amperage from the nameplate on the pump motor to determine breaker and wire size.

If it is a deep well pump, they should have left the information when it was installed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not bough a pump yet.I wanted to install it myself. Just looking for wiring info before I stared this job.
Ok, understand, thanks.

As for the size of the pump, that is determined by the well drillers and usually installed by them based on depth, water amount and size of the bore.

They have to provide that information on the pump size as no one else has that information for proper sizing.

Now once you have that, I can provide the details of wire size, breaker and the wiring details.

I can give you a schematic to show the wiring if you like and once you get the proper pump sized, compare it to the list and use the diagram to wire the pump pressure switch.

Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get with the driller thank you

Ok, let me post how the wiring will go with various motors and something is different after getting the info, just come back here and post and we can remedy the situation easily.

Look it over and make sure it is understandable to you and just reply if you need anything further.

The site is having problems and I will post the diagram when possible, but the link below will also give you the same one.

Click the link, then click on the diagram. After you click on the diagram, look in the bottom left corner and click "View Raw Image" and it will blow it up and make it easier to read.

CLICK HERE for the diagram

AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience: Contractor-40 Years in the ElectricalTrade