Kevin, Licensed Electrician
Experience:  29 years as a Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, 5 year college Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma in Digital Electronics, Former Illinois Licensed Home Inspector

My Electrician installed by Vercelli fan yesterday but there

My Electrician installed by Vercelli fan yesterday but there are two problems, one is the light will not turn off with the remote control (everything else works perfectly) When we removed the light bulb included it was so hot after approx 1 minute on that it burnt the paper we used to take it out with. name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question. My goal is to exceed your expectations on Just Answer!

1) Since this is a brand new fan installation, I would recommend that you contact the electrician who installed the fan and have them check it out. Reputable electricians will warranty their labor typically for 1 year.

2) Does the fan have pull chains to turn the fan and light kit On/Off? If so, have you tried the pull chain for the light kit?

3) Does the hand held remote work properly for the fan?

1) If you have a 2-prong AC voltage tester, I can walk you thru to determine if the proper 120 volts is being measured at the light bulb socket and no over-voltage is present that may be causing the bulb to overheat......let me know..............Thanks.............Kevin!

2) It is very possible that your new ceiling fan is an "out-of-box" failure. Unfortunately, Hampton Bay remote controlled fans are notorious for either the hand held remote control unit being faulty or the receiver mounted inside the canopy cover may be faulty. The number 1 ceiling fan that we assist customers in troubleshooting here on Just Answer is the Hampton Bay brand sold at Home Depot and Harbor Breeze brand ceiling fans sold at Lowe's come in at number 2.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK thanks

Hi Diana......Let me know if you still need assistance..........Thanks................Kevin!

Diana..........Thank You for the positive rating............much appreciated!

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Take care and have a great evening................Thanks............Kevin!