Alex, Master Electrician
Experience:  Owner of independent electrical contracting company. Licensed Electrical Contractor in CT.

I have a hunter fan with light. There is no remote. I had

I have a hunter fan with light. There is no remote. I had a bulb burn out and when I went to take it out, it flashed and all four lights went out. The fan works but now the lights won't work. Any ideas?
Hello and Thank you for posting on My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help you.

1.Did you open bottom part of fan ( light kit ). The part where bulbs sockets are attached to?

2. Do you have volt meter with two probes?

3. Do you have separate switch for lights or you only have one switch for both?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I opened the bottom and I have a volt meter. I have one switch with two draw strings on the fixture. The fan is about a year old.

There should be 2 black wires coming out of pull chain switch and few white wires spliced to each other . Is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, Alex. My name is XXXXX XXXXX to meet you.

Nice to meet you Bob.
Please put one probe of tester on the splice of white wires and another to each black wire coming out of the pull chain.
Let me know if you get 120v reading.
I assume one of the black wires are splice with other black wires going to light sockets, correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, and the other black wire goes to a wire nut attached to a small white wire that goes to a small fuse-type box.

So do you have voltage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pull the chain and see if anything changes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried both black wires and pulled the chain with both and nothing.

You said one of the black wires is connected to some kind of fuse box. Is it concealed box or can be opened? Of yes shut the switch off and open the box and see of there is a fuse.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it is an small almost clear box measuring about 3/4" by 1\2" and about 1/8th thick. It has the numbers: 59 R 130

C RO3 28189

Bob, where is the wire coming out from other side of that box going?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a pink wire that goes to a wire nut with a black wire with a white stripe that goes the connection that plugs in the whole assembly.

Lets check voltage there. Put one probe under wire nut ( pink, black ) and another probe on white wires. Tell me of you have 120v.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, we do.

So the problem is that box. I guess there is a fuse in there. I know one website they have phone number as well. Call them and see if they have that part .

Let me know , I will be waiting.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am at the web site and it looks like they will have what I need. I have to take the switch apart to determine the pattern and then order it. Thanks, Alex

You are welcome Bob. Let me know if I can help more.

please consider rating my answer when satisfied as its the only way I get paid my share of your payment.