Tommy Tesla
Tommy Tesla, Electrical Technician
Experience:  E-1 Master Electrician. Specializing in Commercial ,Industrial, and Residential Wiring Applications.

Installed new Honeywell RTH221. In "HOLD" mode AC works cor

Installed new Honeywell RTH221. In "HOLD" mode AC works correctly, however heat does not. When I set the desired temperature above room temperature, I hear a "click" from thermostat but furnace doesn't start. If I move the fan switch to "on" the fan starts and I can hear the forced draft exhaust fan running, however the furnace doesn't light off. I tagged the wires as I removed the old thermostat so I think they're attached correctly. The red, multi-strand wire labeled RC is attached to the RC terminal; the white wire labeled W is attached to the W terminal; the green wire labeled Y is attached to the Y terminal and the 2nd red wire labeled G is attached to the G terminal.

I'm second guessing myself and wondering if I should swap the terminals of the green wire and the 2nd red wire in case I did get them mixed up?
Is there a jumper wire on the thermostat between RC and RH? Also if you remove the jumper then the red wire you have on the G terminal needs to go to RH.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes there ais a jumper between RC and RH. I will try what you suggest and get back to yuu.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
More on what I changed. There is no RH terminal on the thermostat, just R and RC. The jumper was between them. I removed it and installed the red wire from G into the R terminal.

Is the furnace working?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. All the fans and blowers are doing fine, starting and stopping in the right sequence. But there isn't any gas being burned. I may have to get the local HVAC people out here to check out the furnace. It may have it's own problems.

Yes, one of the Hvac technicians just sent me a message stating that the problen is most likely in the furnace.