Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I have balck, white, red and green from the ceiling---i put

I have balck, white, red and green from the ceiling---i put white to white, black to black and green to green to the new ceiling fan,but what do I do with the RED wire from the ceiling?? There is no red or blue wire on the fan I am trying to install.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Try using the red to the black fan wire and cap the house black
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok--hang on a minute OK?

No problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still does not work---this is a remote controlled fan. What happens if i connect the red and black from the ceiling to the black from the fan?

Let me ask if the wall switches are on? Usually the black and red are switched. Also they can't be on a dimmer. Let me know about the switches. No you can't connect to the 2 wires. Check the dip switches to make sure they match and then check to see if the batteries are installed correctly in the hand remote.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wall switch on, battery rechecked in correctly, not on a dimmer. The original fan had a blue wire that the red from the ceiling was connected to. This new fan has a light, as did the old fan, but the new fan has plug-in type connections and no blue wire to attach to any ceiling wire. The ceiling red wire was attached to the old fan blue wire.

As described the red is capped and the connections are to the black and white. Check your connections. Generally I suggest stripping the fan wires longer to make for a better connection at the ceiling. The stranded wire should lead the solid into the wirenut, otherwise they slip and don't make a connection.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

restripped, and recapped black to black---works now---what a ditz over here! Thasnks!