AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade

I am thinking of installing a lutron graphic eye 3000 series.

I am thinking of installing a lutron graphic eye 3000 series. 3106 6 zone unit. id like to confirm some wiring information and ask some questions. there support line is not much help and as far as im concerned you guys are the best! the wiring info I have is basic. the live power line goes to the graphic eye. then from the graphic eye the power is distributed to the lighting ( like a middle run wall switch ) and is control by a wall station. correct?? I also want to have two wall stations but the graphic eye only has one place to receive the 18guage low voltage wire. how do I wire that to make it like a three way switch and can I control all the zones at the same time and separately from the wall stations? if so could you recommend wall stations for me.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im ok with waiting. I have the time. thank you! let me know how its going. dave

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

Reading over the installation manuals for the 3106 and the wall stations,
they communicate with each other and do not wire like standard wall switches.

The main unit gets the wires connected that go to the different locations.
Then it is basically the master and the wall stations are slaves.

You can add 3 wall stations per unit(3106), and you run 4 wires, 2- twisted paired cables from the main unit to
the first wall station. Then from the first wall station to the second, from the second to
the third (if you want that many).

Any wall station along with the main unit can control any set of lights, so they are all
their own switches so to speak.

You program the wall stations to communicate with the main unit similar to a ceiling fan remote operation.

That way at any wall station, you can turn on the lights, or off since they all tell the main unit
what to do, then the main unit (3106) controls the lights accordingly.

As for wall stations, you decide how many scene functions you want at the wall stations and purchase the appropriate one.
If you are going to program only four different setups, then maybe a 5 scene wall station would suffice.
That will be up to you to decide how far you will go with setting up the different light situations.

Each terminal can accept 2 #18 AWG

Maximum of 1000 ft. (300 m) between the
GRAFIK Eye control
unit and the third wall station

Hopefully that clears up the items in question.
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience: Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade