AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

I have a minka aire ceiling fan. The remote will not shut the

I have a minka aire ceiling fan. The remote will not shut the fan off but the other features (speed, light) do work with the remote. When I press "OFF", there is no red light on the remote, but with the other features there is. What can I do?
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

Do you have a wall switch to turn the fan off and on?
If so, use the switch to turn it off, then turn it back on in a minute and see if the fan comes back on.

Next, I show pull chains on the fan, so set the fan for high speed with the remote, then use the pull chain and click it 3-4 times to see if it goes off.

Also, what is the remote Make and Model number? Should be in the battery compartment.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a wall switch and have turned it off and on. The fan does come on when I turn the switch back on. The problem is the remote. It will not turn the fan off. I cannot find the remote make and model #.

I understand, I wanted to see if the receiver would reset on the fan or not using the wall switch.
I understand the problem is in the remote and trying to be sure it is the remote and not in the fan or components first.

There should be a model number inside the remote housing where the battery inserts.

How about the fan pull chain? Have one? Tried it as posted?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The only thing I find in the housing is a QC sticker. I have not tried the pull chain because I have to remove the light housing to get at it and will take some time.

Ok, not sure why you have remove the light housing?

Pull chain should be right there on the fan hanging?

I do suspect the remote as the problem but prefer to check all avenues first.

If no model, may be able to find one by picture?

If not you would have to replace the receiver and remote as a pair matched set.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The pull chain is not threaded thru the light housing because my wife didn't want anyone to use it and disrupt the remote. 'Nuff said, I will try it and get back to you but it should take about 15 min. OK??

Ok, thanks for the info, do understand.

Try that on the pull chain and maybe a picture of the remote?

Pictures can be posted directly into this correspondence.

Use the Paper Clip on the tool bar and proceed to post a picture if possible.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was able to stop the fan by turning it off at the switch and then pulling the chain. Now, when I turn the switch on the fan will be stationary, and will only operate when press the Fast setting on the remote. However, the only way to turn it off is to turn off the light switch. The remote still will not turn it off.

Ok, thanks for the work and information.

The remote OFF button is not providing the contact and signal to the receiver unit at the fan.

There is a receiver that accepts frequency signals from the remote control.

It has lost the ability only on the Off button.

A remote that matches yours can be purchased if found, otherwise a new set of remote and receiver would need to be installed.

They are matched and work together on the same frequency to operate the fan.

I believe your receiver is in the canopy section where the fan attach's to the ceiling and not in the fan housing itself.

A picture of the remote would help, or CLICK HERE and see if you see one like yours.

Without a Model number may be hard to find just a new remote.

That same company in the link, has the receiver and remotes together or you can get them at any Building supply like Home Depot, Lowes, Sears etc.

A set is usually the easiest, nut maybe you will see yours on the site.

It can be ordered directly from them at the service phone number.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The remote is item J on the display

Thats some good luck.

The site listed is the most promising site to get the new remote.

It isnt an easy one to find but they have quite a bit and very helpful.

You would have to call them and order one, telling them yours is the Item J on the remotes pages.

They should get you going.

Ceiling Fan Parts for Casablanca, Hunter, Homestead, all Ceiling Fans.

Phone (NNN) NNN-NNNN Fax (NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong>