Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.
Install the bathroom receptacle on a dedicated 20 amp circuit, #12 wire and a 20 amp breaker along with a Tamper Resistant GFCI receptacle. 406.11 is the Tamper Resistant receptacles being installed for all the rooms.
How do I respond to that question to get it approved?
Tamper Resistant receptacles are labeled as such at all building supply stores
Do I have to install all Tamper Resistant receptacles in basement?
All new receptacles, YES
what is 210.11 article?
very long article and covers many things. Did they give any specifics?
the question is exactly like this
1) Provide information how you are going to comply with art. 210.11 and 406.11 of the 2008 NEC
2) Provide information how many outlets and lights are goingto be on each circuit
3) Provide information how many electric baseboard heaters you are going to have on each circuit with wire size and breaker size
4) The plans show a outlet in the bathroom this must be GFCI protected and must be on a 20 amp circuit
that is all on the letter I received
1. How many receptacles and how many lights are you installing?
I have 16 lights and 23 recepticles
2. How many heaters are you installing? What is their wattage?
2 of them are 1500 watts and 2 of them are 1000 watts
3. How many rooms are there total?
one big open room with L shape and one more 10 X 10 room
Is there a kitchen or washer/dryer?
there will be a bathroom
it would be great if you give me answers to those questions so that I can submit the answers
1. Tell them, you will supply the 10x10 with 20 amp circuit for the receptacles and lights. 2. In the L shaped room, supply will be 2 20 amp circuits with half of the room on each one. 3. You will supply the heaters with one 240 volt 20 amp circuit for the 2-1000 watt heaters. 4. You will supply the 2-1500 watt heaters on a single 240 volt 20 amp circuit
5. You will supply the bathroom receptacle with a 20 amp circuit by itself with a GFCI receptacle
6. All receptacles being installed shall be Tamper Resistant type
can I use 120 volts heaters?
That will take 4 circuits
240 is best
2) Provide information how many outlets and lights are going to be on each circuit
how do I answer this. Do I have to specify number for each circuit
specify what number?
number of lights and number of recepticles on each circuit
I stated that---------the 10 x 10 on a single circuit
You have to count the receptacles and lights, I do not have a drawing
including heater in that 10 x 10 room ?
the L shaped gets 2 circuits
Heaters are separate as I posted
okay I got it
you can put the bath light/fan on with the 10 x 10 room or supply another circuit for it, your choice
How much watts of heaters I can add to one 240 v and 20 amp circuit?
You could put 3500 on a 20 amp circuit. I prefer to keep it maximum at 3000
Code allows the 3500 watts, actually 3800, but most heaters are in 500 watt increments
1800 watts maximum if you went with 120 volts, thats why 240 volts is best suited
Can I just answer those questions in text format or do I have to do any drawings again?
I would think they should accept a written text that spells out how many receptacles and lights on each circuit. Specify each room and all items on the one circuit. Do that for all the circuits and bath receptacle.
Example: Circuit #1 is 20 amps 120 volts, #12 wire. Consists of 9 receptacles and 5 lights. All receptacles to be Tamper Resistant
Do the same for each circuit and that should have all the info they asked for
Thanks for your help. I really appricate it
Glad to assist, you are very welcome
have a nice day, bye