AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-42+ Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

I have a Dayton Model 3LW64 10K generator. It is not putting out any power. What needs rep

I have a Dayton Model 3LW64 10K generator. It is not putting out any power. What needs replacement?
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

Many times generators sit for long periods, because of this, they need a little boost to get them excited and going again.

Try this first and see if it gets the generator outputting before trying to troubleshoot for parts etc, as that usually takes an onsite visit because of the nature of generators and possible failures.

Follow the guidelines---CLICK HERE---GENERATOR FLASHING

Post results by hitting reply, thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

In this case, the generator had been working for more than 6 hours and then suddenly the electrical output stopped although the engine, of course, was still running.

Ok, understand.

Worth a shot on the flashing, only takes a few minutes of time.

It does not have brushes, but does have the parts below:

27003012S Diode Or Rectifier
099845-02 Capacitor, 80 Mfd

You could measure the Capacitor if you have a multi meter with a CAP setting (MFD)

Or checking Diodes- Click HERE

Parts Listing HERE

If that does not help, I can opt out for other experts to give their input as where to continue on troubleshooting.
Dayton is a Grainger brand product and very difficult to get information and service manuals on them, so I just do not have the references to proceed any further.