Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I have a GFCI Receptacle that will not reset. Circuit breaker

I have a GFCI Receptacle that will not reset. Circuit breaker seems to be working fine @ the panel. There is power on the Black load line but no power to the receptacle plug. This circuit also controls the dishwasher and garbage disposal. What is wrong??
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. In order to determine the nature of the problem, you'll need a 2 wire voltage tester, to test the wires on the receptacle. Do you have one?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No. I have a single one that has a flat tip to inset in the recptacel

That tester wont help. We need to test between wires with a 2 wire tester. They are available at any home center or Harbor Freight has a ghood inexpensive one.

Digital Clamp Meter
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Should I just call a local electrician to fix the problem as I'm not very handy in these matters?
That is up to you. I can lead you through the troubleshooting to find and correct it but if you have any doubts, maybe a call to a local eletrician would be advisable.