AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Master Electrician
Experience:  Contractor-40 Years in the ElectricalTrade
53189252

Diagram on wireing a model PE40M09AAH water heater.

Customer Question

Category: Electrical
Expert:  Erdaram replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, I am glad you are here! My name is Eric & I will endeavor to answer your question.

Your GE PE40M09AAH Water Heater incorporates the use of a Type–59T Therm-o-disc Thermostat.

Here is a copy of your wiring diagram.

Here also, in the event that it might be convienient for you to have a copy of your owners manual stored on your computer, is a link to where you may download a copy of your owners manual.

Attachment: 2012-03-20_142031_pe40m09aah__ge_water_heater_manual.pdf

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have that diagram. What I need, is how do I wire the two wires to my circuit breaker box? The 220 circuit breakers have two hots. I've never done a 220 circuit befor.
Expert:  Erdaram replied 2 years ago.

This question has now gone from me simply providing a diagram to explaining how to wire it. Though I do indeed know the answer to your question, I am not "Verified" in the electrical category with JustAnswer and thus need to now refer your question to one of our experts who is. Please stand by and a verified electrical expert will be along before too very long.

Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Tommy and would be glad to assist.

At the panel, you will connect the white and black
wires out of the 2 conductor cable to the circuit breaker.
The ground wire will connect to the neutral bar if you only
have 1 silver bar neutrals and grounds or to the ground bar
if you panel has separate bars for the neutrals and grounds.

At the heater , you connect the ground to the ground screw that is at the
opening of the wiring cover. Connect the other 2 wires from the breaker
to the 2 leads out the wiring compartment with wire nuts.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here