Fred C
Fred C, Electrician
Experience:  State Licensed Electrician
61117710

My Chamberlain Liftmaster Professional 1/2 HP garage door opener

My Chamberlain Liftmaster Professional 1/2 HP garage door opener is not working with the remote control. It was working fine on Friday, but I noticed that the wall control is blinking. Saturday, the remote would not work at all. The wall control is still blinking though. What does this mean?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Fred C replied 2 years ago.

Fred C :

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to try to help you

Fred C :

It is not working with just the remote?

Customer:

Yes. When I left the house yesterday, and when I returned, the remote would not open or closed the door.

Customer:

When I push the wall control, it opens and closes.

Fred C :

Will it work with the wall button

Fred C :

ok great

Customer:

The wall button is flashing though.

Fred C :

Have you tried to reset the unit? By reset i mean unplugging waiting 2 minutes and plugging back in?

Customer:

No, I haven't.

Fred C :

Also check the wall button. I belive there is a lock function on there. If it is locked no remotes will every work

Fred C :

The main thing would also make sure the battery is good.

Customer:

ok. There are three buttons on the wall unit. I know the big one opens the door and then one of the small ones turns on the light and the other small one turns off the light. Not sure where or how to activate the lock function. I just bought this house and this is the first time I have had a garage door opener.

Fred C :

there maybe a little slide on the side of it that locks it

Fred C :

First i would check the battery then i would reset the unit

Customer:

ok. I just went and checked the wall control. I scraped all the paint that was on the buttons off. The second small button was a locking button. I guess that I have been pushing both buttons when I turn off the light in there. The blinking light stopped when I pushed it again.

Fred C :

great

Fred C :

i assume it started working again

Customer:

Just tested the remote and it is working again.

Customer:

Thanks for helping me with this.

Fred C :

that is great i am glad i was able to help you

Fred C :

please be sure to hit the accept button and leave feedback. f there us anyway i could help again please request me

Fred C, Electrician
Experience: State Licensed Electrician