Alex
Alex, Master Electrician
Experience:  Owner of independent electrical contracting company. Licensed Electrical Contractor in CT.
33304076

How do I reset the 220 breaker panel for my hot tub? I have

How do I reset the 220 breaker panel for my hot tub? I have pushed the reset bottom but nothing. Thanks
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.

Try shutting the breaker off first ( move the toggle to the off position ) and then back to on.
Let me know how it goes. If it does not work we will continue.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

already done that. no go

Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
when you say no go you mean the breaker trips back or it stays in on position but you do not have the power to the hot tub?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry,it stays on but the tub doesn't power up.

Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
there should be a disconnect ( box ) within the sight of the hut tub. it might be off and that is why its not working. can you check that and get back to me?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That is the box I am talking about. That is where the reset is located. The main in the house is fine.
Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
do you have a volt meter with 2 probes?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no
Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
hmmm. we need to check if there is a power coming to that disconnect box. is there any other breakers in that panel? can you snap a picture of that panel and upload here?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is only the two breakers in this box. Sorry, I can't get a picture of it. I was hoping there was some trick to resetting this. Thanks for trying.
Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
The only trick is to shut the breaker completely off and then turn it back on. there also should be a breaker in the house that controls that disconnect. you might want to try to reset that one too.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have done that also. Both at the juntion box and on the main panel in the house.
Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
then I'm sorry but for farther troubleshooting we will need the volt meter and we need to open the box to check for voltage.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
understand. thanks
Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
you are welcome. Let me know if you want me to request the refund for you or if you want to accept my answer. My goal is your satisfaction and 100 % positive feedback.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry to have wasted your time as I didn't have the things you needed to help with this. I will accept your answer and thanks for trying.
Expert:  Alex replied 5 years ago.
That's ok. You did not waist my time. I'm here to help and I think trying is half of the job. Just hit the accept button and have a great day.