Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 46 years Experience

I need to find a compatible replacement for a Kwong Ming Electrical

Customer Question

I need to find a compatible replacement for a Kwong Ming Electrical Mfy. AC-DC Adaptor. It is from a string of LED Star Lights purchased from Ikea. The adaptor got wet and I'm afraid to plug it in.

Plug-In Class 2 Transformer
Model: KMD-240-00300-41UL
Input: 120V~60Hz 110mA
Output: 24V = 3VA
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Plug it in to see if you do need a replacement.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't think you understand. The adaptor was in a basement during Hurricane Irene and it is FULL of water. Literally dripping out of the adaptor. I cannot plug it in because it will likely either cause a fire, damage the set of lights completely, or shock the hell out of me.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 years ago.
That makes a difference. When you said it got wet, there was no way for me to know if you splashed water on it or had it submerged in a flood. Stand by while I check on the transformer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I'll await your response.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately I couldn't locat the item online. I was able to get a link to the manufacturer. See the link below.

Kwong Ming Electric Inc in New York, NY - YellowBot
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks but I had already found that. There is no phone number or website. This information is not helpful.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, that was the best I could do. You would be better off going to where you purchased it to get a means of replacing the component. - Good Luck.