Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 45 years Experience
29848548

Http //www.jascoproducts.com/support/manual-downloads/applications/DocumentLibraryManager/

Http://www.jascoproducts.com/support/manual-downloads/applications/DocumentLibraryManager/upload/15307-Manual-Eng.pdf

Above is the wiring diagram. I need help simply breaking this down. I have Black, white, ground in coming from 220V breaker, I have black, white, ground incoming from pool pump, and I have red, white, ground incoming from Salt Water converter.

Can you simply break this down and tell me what wires go where? I'm very confused. Thank you
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be glad to assist you. Please stand by while I check it out..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please tell me which wire goes to "L", "1", "X" and "2". Thanks for your help
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
Are both the pump and the salt water converter 240V?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The pump is. How can I tell if the salt water converter is?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
Everything electrical has a nameplate on it. Look for it close to where the wiring enters the unit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it says 240/120V on the underside. Does that mean it can be either or?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
If both accessories are 240V then the connects are as follows
  • L1= Black Feed Wire
  • 1 = White Feed Wire
  • X = Black (pump) and Red (salt water)
  • 2 = White (pump) and White (salt water)
Your last post said the salt water unit was 120/240V. You don't have a Neutral from the panel for 120V, so you need to verify that the wiring in that unit is for 240V before energizing it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If I don't have a neutral from the panel...Does that mean it is NOT wired for 240V?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
You said the the panel wiring was on a 240V breaker. That means the White was used for a hot wire, which is OK. It should have been identified as such. When you terminate the wires mark the Whites with black tape or a Magic Marker to indicate they are not Neutrals.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience: Proven Professional 45 years Experience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay. I will try this in the morning and let you know. Thank you
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome.